To guarantee the protection of your children against the sites likely to strike their sensitivity, take advantage of the Parental Control. To avoid shocking content, adjust the level of protection of your browsers and search engines to the age of your children.
- Activate the “safer search” filter on Google for each of your browsers (eg Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Opera …).
- Enable protection on your browsers: to do so, go to the options of your computer and then select the maximum protection in order to limit the functionalities on the Web.
- Set up a filter on the search engines (Google, Bing, Lycos …) according to the age of your children.
- Or choose search engines adapted to children according to their age (babygo, kidigo, takatrouver, etc.).
Before 12 years, prefer Vikidia or Wikikimi to Wikipedia!
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF PARENTAL CONTROL?
To guarantee the protection of your minor children against the sites likely to strike their sensitivity, take advantage of the Parental Control.
Simple and free, the activation of this service allows to block:
- A list of predefined websites that you can enrich;
- Access to websites with inadequate content (sex, drugs, weapons, violence, incitement to racial hatred, etc.);
- Access to conversations online: chat, instant messaging …
And for more security, only parents can disable this service via a password.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD PARENTAL CONTROL SOFTWARE?
To take advantage of this service, simply download the parental control software:
Download PARENTAL CONTROL Software for Windows
When you turn on your computer, the Parental Control is started automatically in ” Child ” mode (high control level). You can switch to ” Adolescent ” mode (intermediate control level) or ” Adult ” mode (no blocking) by entering a password that you will define during installation.
This password should not be known and should not be easily guessed by your children.
HOW TO USE PARENTAL CONTROL SOFTWARE?
Once the software is installed, open the parental control software and enter the password you specified during the installation.
Once on the software home page:
- In the “Configuration” tab you can:
- Manage software settings
- Enable or Disable Parental Control
- Adjust the filter level
- Create user profiles
- Block Internet access at certain time slots
- In the “Browsing History” tool: view all the pages visited
- With advanced configuration : Manage a list of sites that will never be filtered.
- In the “Help” and “Learn More” tabs: See the software help for a better understanding of all configuration options.
NOTE: Your children should not be a computer administrator. Only the parents need to know the administrator password for the workstation.